Monday, March 1, 2010

Frugal Tip Monday-10 Things Millionaires Won't Tell You




Money, without it we are not able to enjoy the necessities in life, let alone the luxuries. Loving shopping and fashion as much as I do, I always have a passion for finance and building wealth. By building true wealth you have to be a conscious spender, according to Ramit Sethi of Iwillteachyoutoberich.

Aside from being a frugal/savvy shopper, I am concerned about building my wealth for years to come. You hear all these fancy terms and ways you should spend but sometimes I love hearing the real-life scenarios that separate the Poor from the Wealthy.

I came across this great article, "10 Things Millionaires Won't Tell You" and immediately a eagerness to see what the story was about. These are some very great points to adapt to your everyday life.

10 Things Millionaires Won't Tell You

“You may think I’m rich, but I don’t.” Real millionaires understand that 1 or 2 million will not take them through the next 30 years.

“I shop at Wal-Mart . . .” Most millionaires how they got there was by buying smart and saving money by clipping coupons. Not shopping at what I like to call "Boutique Supermarkets".

“. . . but I didn’t get rich by skimping on lattes.” Most millionaires,by statistics made their millionaires by being a entrepreneur, not skipping the Starbucks line.

“I have a concierge for everything.” Let's worry about a concierge when you make you millions, average folks can't afford that.

“You don’t get rich by being nice.” I agree with this 100%. Being nice will never get you to the top. You will have to say "no" and mean it. Walk away from things that are not profitable but at the end of the day always keep your integrity. Never burn any bridges but try to get to the top is a lonely road and lots of enemies will come.

Taxes are for little people.” Plainly put millionaires under taxes and file under capital vs. middle class because middle class is taxed 15% more than capital gain.

“I was a B student.” Clearly states that the straight "A" student is mostly likely not going to be your boss nor business owner, so that means there is hope for me. YYYIIIPPPEEE!!!

“Like my Ferrari? It’s a rental.” They do not spend money on things that are not of true value. Why buy when you can rent?.

“Turns out money can buy happiness.” Research shows that wealth does bring happiness. Roughly 65% of millionaires say that money “created” more happiness for them.

“You worry about the Joneses — I worry about keeping up with the Trumps.” What more can I say to that.


So let me know what you think? Do you Agree or DisAgree? Let me know your thoughts?



Photo Source: Changeyouractions

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Terra D said...

I totally agree with the 1st and 2nd points. Most millionaires are aware that they have to keep pushing to really feel "secure" in their wealth. The shopping at walmart thing, is definitely true! Most millionaires could probably care less if their spinach came from Bristol Farms or Trader Joes, they probably just want to come out feeling like they got a bargain (I mean who doesn't like a bargain!)

March 3, 2010 at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home